Mie olen rakastunut! / I'm in love!

Lankahamsterikisan kaksi ekaa tyota on valmiina, ja olen aivan hullaantunut!

The first two knitted garments for yarnhamsters' are finished, and I absolutely love them!

sirkussukat

Varit on paremmat lahempaa.

The colors are even prettier close up.

sirkussukat lahelta

Nama sukat syntyivat siis itsevarjatysta langasta. Lanka on Knitpicksin 100% perulaista villaa, 100 g = n. 200 m. Varjasin nama Kool-Aidilla ja varit nayttavat valmiissa neuleessa viela herkullisemmilta kuin vyyhdilla. Aivan ihanat! En varmaan kylla raaski kayttaa naita...

Nimeltaan nama ovat Sirkussukat, ihan varien takia.

These socks are made of hand-dyed yarn. The yarn is Knitpicks 100% Peruvian wool, 100 g = 220 yds. I dyed them with Kool-Aid and the colors are even prettier in these finished socks than they were when the yarn was still a hank. Absolutely adorable! I might not dare wear them, though...

I named these The Circus Socks, because of the colors :)

Sain valmiiksi myos pienen lapsen takin, josta tuli kaunis.

I also finished a jacket for a small child, and I think it's rather pretty.

ainolle takki

Lanka on Nallea ja Nalle Coloria, yhteensa sita meni n. 200 g. Tasta tuli soma, vaikka ehka joudun korjaamaan etuosan resorit. Lankaa jai viela yli, niista tulee samalle lapselle sukat ja pipo ainakin :)

The yarn is Novita Nalle and Nalle Color, I used about 200 g (7 oz) of it. I think it's cute, though I might have to fix the ribbing in front. I still have some of this yarn, and I'll knit socks and a cap for the same kid. :)

Ja suomenkieliset lukijat varmaan hoksasikin, aloitan englanninkielisen polkkauksen :) Alempana on pieni esittely naille lontoonkielisille lukijoille. Myohemmin laitan sen vihreiden sukkien ohjeen kaannoksen, en saanut sita viela valmiiksi.

As of today, I'll start blogging also in English. I might not translate every word to the word, but I'll write something of my projects and our life.

For those who do not know me, maybe a short introduction is in place. I'm a 26-year old knitter and crafter, born and raised in Finland. I moved to San Diego, CA, about 16 months ago with my hubby. I've been a blogger since last May. My archives are in Finnish, but if you have any questions about my previous posts, just let me know :)

5 comments:

Siniset Silmukat said...

Mahtavat nämä sukat!

Anonymous said...

Tuulia, your sock design is beautiful - what is it called? I'm SO HAPPY that you could translate it to English!! I love the Circus socks and the pretty baby sweater. Thanks for writing your blog also in English now, I'm looking forward to reading your blog from now on! :)

Tuulia said...

laura: which design? The pattern on the green socks? I don't know the name for it since I haven't found it anywhere, I came up with it completely myself! (Though, I don't think it's likely I discovered this all by myself, some one must've thought of it by now.) If someone finds the name for it, I'd be happy to hear it, but for now I'll call it Ribbons :)

Altocumulus said...

Ihanat sukat, molemmat! Tuo itsevärjättylanka on oikeasti ihanaa, siitäpä oppia Novitallekin! :)
Neuletakkia ihastelin myöskin, mulla on tuota samaa Nalle Coloria vielä varastossa...

amelie said...

Hienot sukat. Ja kyllä niitä kantsii pitää, koska sitten ku ne on kuluneet puhki, niin "joutuu" värjäämään lisää lankaa (tai ostamaan) ja "joutuu" neulomaan taas uudet ihqut sukat.