Cross-stitch swap

Our local cross-stitchers organized a Christmas swap, with the theme being socks and the stitched item finished as a pouch. And here's what I got from the incredibly talented Minna! (Check out her blog for bettew pictures.)

pikkujouluvaihto 4

She stitched two very pretty designs over 1 thread on Floba. It is big enough for Christmas cards, and comes in very handy as we don't have a place just for Christmas cards yet.

pikkujouluvaihto 3

I love the designs, they're very delicate and traditional. And to think they're stitched over one thread of fabric - yikes! My pal did an excellent job! I am in awe, as I have tried stitching over one thread and it did not go well. In fact, it was horrible.

pikkujouluvaihto 2

And Minna had included all sorts of goodies in the package: linen thread (my favorite!), Santa-shaped chocolate lollipop (not with us anymore, I'm afraid - yum!), a lovely star ornament (already bringing joy to the whole family in our living room), lots of tiny buttons and charms for finishing (always needed), a card with puppies (awww) - and a small stitched pin cushion with a sock! It is adorable! Thank you Minna! (And sorry for taking so long to post about it...)

pikkujouluvaihto 1

I stitched a project bag for Lennu. Below are two pictures of it, but go check out Lennu's post, too - her pictures are far better than mine!
lennun vaihtopussukka 1

The design is Kitty Cat Row by Bent Creek, stitched with DMC thread over 2 strands of hand-dyed linen.
lennun vaihtopussukka 2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The bag you made has such a good sense of humour! I would love to carry around something like that - and I'm sure the recipient will get loads of compliments!